Ingredients for 2
- 100 g Green asparagus cut bite-sized pieces
- 100 g Runner beans cut bite-sized pieces
- 1 Avocado cut into chunks
- 1 Spring onions sliced
- 1 Carrot coarsely grated
- 200 g Watermelon cut into chunks
- ½ TL Salt
- 1 teaspoon black sesame
- 1 teaspoon white sesame
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Slàinte Liquorice mustard
- ½ teaspoon Infernal Bliss mustard
- 200 g Basmati Reis
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 chicken breast cut in chunks
1) Marinate the chunky chicken with 1 tbs soy sauce and the liquorice mustard for 2 hours and then stir gently in some oil. Not too hot as the liquorice can get a bitter taste.
2) Marinate the watermelon with 2 tbs soy sauce and 1 tbs rice vinegar in a bowl until ready to serve.
3) Put the cooked rice in a bowl and loosen with a fork. Stir the rest of the vinegar with the sugar and salt until the sugar has dissolved. Sprinkle liquid over the rice and mix carefully with a fork. That sushi rice method works method works traditionally with sushi rice, but works also great with basmati. Divide the flavoured rice into two bowls.
4) Cook the runner beans and asparagus with a little salt and a pinch of sugar al dente
5) Remove the melon from the marinade and serve on the rice, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place the cooked vegetables, the grated carrot and spring onions in the bowls.
6) Sprinkle the avocado with lemon juice, crush finely with a fork, add the Infernal Bliss mustard and spread over the bowls. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7) And last but not least add the stirred chicken chunks
Cashew nuts on top give a great crunch. Try also with seaweed and fish … or or or … there are massive possibilities in variations.